Everything you need to know about pet licensing
Being a pet owner, one has to maintain the pet as its own member of the family. It is the pet owner’s responsibility to take care of the safety and health of the four-legged friends. Many of the pet lovers would think why they need to get their pets licensed if they have already legally adopted their pet. To understand this, let’s have a look at a few benefits of getting your pet licensed:
- Pet licensing makes sure your pet gets vaccinated against diseases, which are not suitable for humans such as rabies etc.
- A license gives an identification to your pet in case the pet is lost. This helps you in getting your pet back quickly.
- Pet licensing helps in tracking how many pets a person can have in order to keep the community safe.
- A collar of your dog is not a pet license. Pet license is something which includes the tag for rabies or any other vaccination, owner’s contact information, and the pet license registration number.
- The amount which is being paid to get your pet licensed is used to pay the expenses of animal shelters running across the city.
- Pet licensing is a law, and you need to follow the rules to become a good citizen.
- It is easy to apply for a pet license as there are both offline and online methods for it. The online process is considered simpler and less time consuming as you don’t have to go in person.
Now that you have a fair idea about why pet licensing is required, you might have multiple doubts and questions related to it. Some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) and their respective answers about a pet license are discussed below:
Where should you go to get your pet licensed?
You can apply for a license for your pet at your nearest licensing office or the municipal co-operation. You can also apply for pet license online, which is considered to be a more comfortable and convenient option.
What is the estimated cost of a pet license?
The cost for a pet license is charged annually, which ranges between $10 and $20. Many of the licensing companies provide discounted rates for a lifetime license; this is a one-time payment process. Usually, the pets which are trained to be the guide or the one used for giving signals get licensed free of cost.
What are the things you require for getting a pet license?
The pet must be vaccinated against rabies and other diseases.
The pets must be at least four months old to get a pet license.
No one can deny the merits of pet licensing. Moreover, it’s a one-time investment with plenty of benefits. The primary advantage is, of course, that you can easily find the pet if it gets lost somewhere because it gives an identity to your pet.
Do pictures of adorable dogs and cats make your day as much as it does ours? Follow us on Instagram.